Re: [Orgmode] Gnuplot unevenly spaced non-numeric data plot?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Gnuplot unevenly spaced non-numeric data plot?
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 19:17:22 -0400

John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Problem solved with babel. I was able to get everything I wanted by
> piecing together some examples from the mailing list and gnuplot
> examples/manual around the web.

Good! Maybe you should post the babel solution for future reference.
Here is an org-plot solution for future reference: there is a script
option that allows you to use an arbitrary gnuplot script.  The org
manual (http://orgmode.org/manual/Org_002dPlot.html#Org-Plot) describes
it very well:

,----
| script If you want total control, you can specify a script file (place
|        the file name between double-quotes) which will be used to
|        plot. Before plotting, every instance of $datafile in the
|        specified script will be replaced with the path to the generated
|        data file. Note: even if you set this option, you may still want
|        to specify the plot type, as that can impact the content of the
|        data file.
`----

foo.org:
#+plot:  type:2d script:"myscript.gp"
| 1 | x: where it should be on the scale | y  |
| a |                                  0 | 10 |
| b |                                 10 | 20 |
| c |                                 11 | 30 |
| d |                                 40 | 40 |

myscript.gp:
plot '$datafile' using 2:3:xticlabels(1)

Nick