Re: [Orgmode] Re: Request for opinions: [ANN] List improvement v.2o

From: Daniel Martins
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Request for opinions: [ANN] List improvement v.2o
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:50:54 -0300

I have the opposite view.

I did not tried yet the code because I am a naive git user and worry about messing things up adding another complex branch.

However I must say that all my lists (and I have a lot of them!) do not satisfy me completely. The problem of breaking indentation and changing  patterns in the middle of lists is often annoying.

I am willing to have some work to rearrange all my lists if the implementation is changing the viewpoint we have about lists (therefore turning future impriovements easier) and the code is intrisically coherent as I think Nicolas code is.

In other words, One vote for Nicolas code.

Daniel

2010/8/18 Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
Hi Carsten and Nicolas,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Jul 22, 2010, at 11:08 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>
> 2. Some existing documents will break because we now need an end-of-list
>   that is clearly defined, and not by indentation.  Nicolas proposes a
>   double empty line or some special string to be defined.  Breaking existing
>   documents is always bad, of cause.  I still hope we can do something
>   about this if we think really hard, like making text that is less
>   indented than the list *also* terminate a list.

From what I understood, without testing anything of it (yet), I would really
urge for a support of old documents (the ones with simple constructions) by
adopting a rule like the one you propose, where indentation could terminate
the list.

Best regards,
 Seb

--