[Orgmode] Re: [ANN] List improvement v.2

From: Glauber Alex Dias Prado
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] List improvement v.2
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 05:45:50 -0300

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I have finally started to look at your changes to the list
> implementation.
> Lots of it is very good!  I like for example that TAB indentation now
> works
> a lot better.
>
> Here are a few problems I noted so far:
>
> 1 Error when pressing M-RET in second line after list
>
>   - Example item1
>   - Exmaple item2
>
> With cursor position at "@", M-RET throws an error
>
> 2 Incompatibility 1
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>   - Example 1
>   - Ex 2
>
>   This used to be outside of the list.  The HTML exporter still treats
>   it as being outside of the list.  The LaTeX exporter treats it as
>   part of the last item.  If I add a second empty line, then both
>   exporters handle it well.
>
>   So this breaks with documented properties of the lists.  I guess
>   this is unavoidable because this is just how the new list definition
>   works.  But it will break existing documents when exported to LaTeX
>
> 3 Text between two sublists
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>   - Ex1
>   - Ex2
>     - Ex2a
>     - Ex2b
>     Some text between two sublists
>     - A new list starts
>
> This always was an inconsistency between HTML and LaTeX export, and it
> still is now.  There seems to be no way now to do what I intend here,
> putting some text between two lists.

preferably not only for lists, something like:

* some stuff
  quick intro
** nest 1
   stuff about nest1
  now what i dont think is possible and dont even know if it is usually
  done on latex something that belongs to some stuff and is in between
  nest 1 and 2, i find it usefull for commenting on nests(thats why
  i miss it) and looks like it is the same thing you are wishing for lists?
  My use case for this is mostly note-taking.
** nest 2
   stuff about nest2

could be also usefull, if it makes sense, btw the lists are taking shape :).