[Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] tangling with leaving non-source code lines as emp

From: Dr Rainer M Krug
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [BABEL] tangling with leaving non-source code lines as empty lines?
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:10:14 +0200

On 13/07/2010 02:46, Eric Schulte wrote:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> With the tangling comments generated by the latest Org-mode, the
> following function should be able to jump from any code in a tangled
> code file back to the relevant block in the original Org-mode file.

Wow - that was quick.

Thanks.

> (defun org-babel-tangle-jump-to-org ()
>   "Jump from a tangled code file to the related Org-mode file."
>   (interactive)
>   (let ((mid (point))
>       target-buffer target-char
>       start end link path block-name)
>     (save-window-excursion
>       (save-excursion
>       (unless (and (re-search-backward org-bracket-link-analytic-regexp nil t)
>                    (setq start (point))
>                    (setq link (match-string 0))
>                    (setq path (match-string 3))
>                    (setq block-name (match-string 5))
>                    (re-search-forward (concat " " (regexp-quote block-name)
>                                               " ends here[\n\r]") nil t)
>                    (setq end (point))
>                    (< start mid) (< mid end))
>         (error "not in tangled code")))
>       (when (string-match "::" path)
>       (setq path (substring path 0 (match-beginning 0))))
>       (find-file path) (setq target-buffer (current-buffer))
>       (goto-char start) (org-open-link-from-string link)
>       (if (string-match "[^ \t\n\r]:\\([[:digit:]]+\\)" block-name)
>         (org-babel-next-src-block
>          (string-to-int (match-string 1 block-name)))
>       (org-babel-goto-named-src-block block-name))
>       (setq target-char (point)))
>     (pop-to-buffer target-buffer)
>     (goto-char target-char)))

I tried it out, and realised that one needs to name the blocks
(#+srcname:) to be able to use it. Then it jumps to the code block in
the org file.

Two more things (As pointed out in the other email) would be nice:

1) it would be nice to jump to the line of code in the Org-mode file
which corresponds to the line in the code file

2) It would be brilliant, if one could call the function from the
Org-file buffer and enter the line number and then jump to the block /
line in the block.

In addition:
3) it would be very useful, if this function could be used with
non-named source blocks.

But that function is already quite usefull.

Thanks,

Rainer