[Orgmode] (require 'cl) seems not to be compiled

From: manonfire
Subject: [Orgmode] (require 'cl) seems not to be compiled
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:37:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

some time ago I had a problem with agenda pdf export due to flet macro not
found,
which could be worked around by putting (require 'cl) in .emacs.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/21837

Carsten Dominik pointed out this is unnecessary because of

(eval-when-compile
   (require 'cl))

in the sources.

But I still can't get it to work on several different systems with Ubuntu.
It doesn't seem to be compiled in.

- I think I can rule out version conflicts, never installed system wide
anymore and on a new installation of Ubuntu 10.04 32bit with Emacs 23.1.1
(i486) from the repositories.
-- That means: unzipping org-6.36c.zip and doing a simple make in the
resulting directory, didn't change the makefile.
- no errors or significant warnings during the make process
- tried to remove all .el files from the lisp subdirectory to make sure
that only .elc files are loaded.

Do I have to edit the makefile for installing org as normal user in my
home directory, so that the compiler finds cl.el or something?

Everything else seems to work, though, but there might be performance
issues or other instabilities when something is not compiled correctly,
and, of course, orgmode is all about perfectonism ;)

So, again, the steps until the error occurs are
-load org file with C-x C-f
-display agenda with C-c a a
-try to export: C-x C-w agenda.pdf
--> Symbol's function definition is void: flet

The test org file contains

* Item 1
** Item 1.1 <2010-06-12 Sa>
* Item 2
** TODO Item 2.1
   SCHEDULED: <2010-06-10 Do>

My .emacs:

(setq load-path (cons "~/app/org-6.36c/lisp" load-path))
(setq load-path (cons "~/app/org-6.36c/contrib/lisp" load-path))

(require 'org-install)

;;(require 'cl)

(setq org-directory "~/orgfiles/")

;;(global-font-lock-mode 1)

(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(inhibit-startup-screen t)
 '(initial-buffer-choice nil)
 '(org-agenda-files (quote ("~/orgfiles/test.org")))
 '(scroll-bar-mode (quote right)))

(setq visible-bell t)

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
(global-set-key "\C-c1" 'org-store-link)
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(global-set-key "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)

(org-remember-insinuate)
(setq org-default-notes-file (concat org-directory "/notes.org"))
(define-key global-map "\C-cr" 'org-remember)

;; htmlize from contrib
;;(add-to-list 'load-path "~/app/org-6.36c/contrib/lisp")
;;(require 'htmlize)

; Enable habit tracking
(setq org-modules (quote (org-habit)))
; global STYLE property values for completion
(setq org-global-properties (quote (("STYLE_ALL" . "habit"))))
; position the habit graph on the agenda to the right of the default
(setq org-habit-graph-column 50)

; TODO state logging
(setq org-log-done 'time)

; save clock history across Emacs sessions
(setq org-clock-persist 'history)
(org-clock-persistence-insinuate)

;;(setq org-agenda-exporter-settings
;;      '((ps-number-of-columns 2)
;;      (ps-landscape-mode t)
;;      (org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines 5)
;;      (htmlize-output-type 'css)))