Re: [Orgmode] (require 'cl) seems not to be compiled

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] (require 'cl) seems not to be compiled
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 12:00:32 +0200

 wrote:
>Hello,

>some time ago I had a problem with agenda pdf export due to flet macro not
>found,
>which could be worked around by putting (require 'cl) in .emacs.

>http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/21837

>Carsten Dominik pointed out this is unnecessary because of

>(eval-when-compile
>   (require 'cl))

>in the sources.

>But I still can't get it to work on several different systems with Ubuntu.
>It doesn't seem to be compiled in.

I can reproduce this, have an idea about what's happening, but none
about howto best fix this.  The problem is, that lisp structure that
uses the flet macro in `org-write-agenda' is passed as argument eq
quoted list to `org-let'.  The byte compiler doesn't compile the lisp
structure, it is evaluated by `org-let' at runtime.

Thus, if no other package had loaded cl before `org-write-agenda' is
called, passes the lisp structure to `org-let, which evaluates it and
flet is found not to be fbound.

HTH
  -- David
--