Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: LaTeX export and LaTeX environment

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: LaTeX export and LaTeX environment
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 16:46:13 +0200

On Jun 1, 2010, at 3:57 PM, Chris Gray wrote:

Carsten Dominik wrote:

Hi Mark,

several environments already to accept parameters, and in all cases it
is
done by just listing the arguments after the begin statement,
separated by spaces.

So what you could implement is that if a user writes

#+begin_xxx {aa}[bb]{cc}

that org-special-blocks will then create

\begin{xxx}{aa}[bb]{cc}

I think we must ask for the space, to make sure that all old code will
work.
A patch to org-special-blocks for this goal would be very useful, I
think.

Hi Carsten,

I actually needed this yesterday, so I'll make a patch and try to send
it in the next couple of days.

Should anything be done for the HTML exporter if there are arguments?

Hi Chris

I can't think of anything useful - unless we do something like

#+begin_xxx -largs "{aa}[bb]{cc}" -hargs "aa=\"xxx\" bb=\"uuu\""

and then use the largs for LaTeX and the hargs as additional attributes
in the HTML div.

But right now I don't see many applications for this in HTML, so
I am not sure it is worth the trouble. Maybe just ignore these additional
arguments, or put them as a string into some special attribute like

so that some javascript hacker can do something with these
arguments.

I am not sure what the right cause of action is, and I would
be happy already with a patch that attaches the rest of the line
in LaTeX and throws it away in HTML.

I am starting to think we should have this package in the
core - can I get you to sign the papers with the FSF for
your contributions to Org-mode?  Instructions are here:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.php

Cheers

- Carsten