Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: LaTeX export and LaTeX environment

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: LaTeX export and LaTeX environment
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:42:58 +0200

On May 19, 2010, at 9:20 PM, Mark Elston wrote:

Ulf, Carsten,

On 5/19/2010 12:27 AM, Ulf Stegemann wrote:
Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik<address@hidden>  wrote:

On May 19, 2010, at 8:34 AM, Ulf Stegemann wrote:

the LaTeX exporter seems to cease to work when encountering a LaTeX
environment.

it has always been like this,

check out this entire thread for work-arounds and other solutions

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/12977

I must have been blind, thanks for the pointer! It works like a charm
with org-special-blocks.

Ulf

I have not looked into the contrib directory lately (for quite a while,
actually) so was not aware of the org-special-blocks stuff.  This is
pretty cool and *almost* what I was about to ask for as well.

The only problem I have with it is I need (for specific environments) to pass a parameter to the \begin{xxx} call on latex export. I think what is there is a more than adequate basis for what I am looking to do and I
will add my stuff to it and try it out.

My question is:  Is there a preferred way of doing this?  I can do a
local enhancement that hard-codes what I am trying to do but would
prefer to do this is a more open-ended (even elegant) way.  At the
end of the day it simply has to work.  But I would prefer doing it
"right." :)

Hi Mark,

several environments already to accept parameters, and in all cases it is done by just listing the arguments after the begin statement, separated by spaces.

So what you could implement is that if a user writes

#+begin_xxx {aa}[bb]{cc}

that org-special-blocks will then create

\begin{xxx}{aa}[bb]{cc}

I think we must ask for the space, to make sure that all old code will work. A patch to org-special-blocks for this goal would be very useful, I think.

- Carsten

Mark