Re: [Orgmode] Re: tab visibility cycling doesn't work over putty/ssh wit

From: Jan Böcker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: tab visibility cycling doesn't work over putty/ssh with viper-mode enabled
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 21:41:07 +0200

On 05/20/2010 06:14 AM, Herbert Sitz wrote:
> Herbert Sitz <hsitz <at> nwlink.com> writes:
>>
>> With viper-mode enabled all I get is a bell when I click on tab to cycle the
>> visibility of a heading in viper's normal mode.

Hi Herbert,

I could not reproduce this here (Ubuntu 10.04 host, Putty on Windows 7).
I have no experience with viper-mode and only know very basic vi
commands. When viper-mode asked me for  a user level, I specified 5.

Org-mode version 6.36trans (release_6.36.52.geec2)

Visibility cycling with TAB works both in command and insert mode.
I can also access the agenda using C-c a a.

Looks like putty is misconfigured. While quickly scanning through
putty's configuration menu, the only setting I noticed was "Connection
-> Data -> Terminal-type string", which is set to "xterm" here.

However, I did not modify the default values, so it should work out of
the box.

You can try logging in with putty, executing "sleep 5", and interrupting
that with C-c. If that does not work, the problem is definitely not
emacs related.

HTH, Jan