Re: [Orgmode] Bug in Agenda mode?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug in Agenda mode?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:33:12 +0200

On Apr 29, 2010, at 4:51 PM, J. David Boyd wrote:

If I do a C-a a, I see my weekly agenda, starting 'today'.

Then I can hit 'd', and see today laid out better. Back to 'w', and I
see the weekly agenda again.

I can scroll down to tomorrow, hit 'd', and see tomorrow.  But when I
hit 'w', I'm back to the week view, but now it starts on tomorrow, and
not today.

And if I scroll down two days, and hit 'd', then 'w' to come back to the
week view, I'm misplaced forward 2 days.

Is this a bug, or 'just the way it works'.  I'd never noticed before,
but I don't think I had actually tried that.

looks like you have set org-agenda-start-on-weekday to nil. The is works like you describe. If you set it to a number, the week will always start on that day.

The problem is that, if you are still in the current week, it might make sense to have the week start at today when you switch back to week view. But when you are further away from today, the week view must be constructed in a way that the day which was last shown in day view is also shown. Since you have opted to have your week view start at whatever weekday is today, Org assumes now that you want a week starting on the last shown day.

Hmmmm.

I am not sure what would be best here.

- Carsten

I'm using the (release_6.34c.149.gf0f5.dirty) version of org.