Re: [Orgmode] Re: Limited #+INCLUDE ?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Limited #+INCLUDE ?
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:27:45 +0100

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:40:35 -0400, Dan Davison <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm considering investigating the following and would appreciate
> comments on this idea. The aim is to make it easier to use Org-mode to
> work pure code files which are *external to Org-mode* (i.e. this
> proposal lies outside of the current org-babel tangling framework).
>
> - Extend Org file links to allow links to a range of lines in a
>   file. The syntax could be
>   [[file:/path/to/file::from::to][linkname]]

+1

I like this idea, especially for exporting complex documents.  If
org-store-link were enhanced to generate links with this line
information, I would probably use this a lot.

> - These links will bring up a buffer visiting the target file, narrowed
>   to the target region.

Or could be brought up with a wide view but with the region selected?

> - 'from' and 'to' could be line numbers, or regexps for text search.

The latter could be quite appealing, although possibly a little
fragile.