Re: [Orgmode] org-mode CSS property export bug

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode CSS property export bug
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:46:00 +0200

Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> writes:
> As far as I can see there are three options.
>
> 1) Use underscores (against the above advice) (practically probably
> not a huge issue) e.g. outline-container-1_1
> 2) Overload the use of hyphens to be for both spaces and .'s...  e.g
> outline-container-1-1
> 3) Stop using hyphens for spaces and switch to camel case convention,
> freeing hyphens to be substitutes for .'s e.g. outlineContainer1-1.
> This option seems like the best design, though it completely blows
> backwards compatability away so is probably a non-starter.  Leaving us
> with 1) or 2).
>
> Personally I think *if* underscores aren't a problem for modern
> browsers, ie8, firefox 3.5+, recent opera's safari and chrome we use
> them.

Allright then.

He says:

  "Internet Explorer 6 for Windows, published after the errata, permits
   underscores and escaped underscores."

So do IE4x and IE5x.
Internet Explorer seems not to be the problem? IE7+ anyone?

   "Opera 3.x through 5.x does not recognize underscores or escaped
   underscores, and so acts the same as Navigator 4.x in this regard."

Very old browsers. Do we have to support them?

The appended testfile works in Opera10 an FF 3.6. Is there something
missing?

   Sebastian

H_1

H_1_1

H_1_2

My headline should have a yellow background.

H_1_3

H_1_4