Re: [Orgmode] org-mode CSS property export bug

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode CSS property export bug
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:07:25 +0200

> On Apr 23, 2010, at 3:51 AM, Rick Moynihan wrote:
>
>> On 22 April 2010 22:29, Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> writes:
>>>
>>> Hey Rick,
>>>
>>> interesting observation! I found, the pages validate everywhere, and so
>>> I started to search. It seems to be valid CSS 2 (I couldn't find a
>>> evidence though).
>>
>> Looks like an inconsistency in the W3C specs, as it appears to be
>> invalid (or absent from) the CSS selector spec, if not elsewhere.
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/msg/ca6ecd94ad4a23bd
>>
>>> Opera and firefox know how to handle that:
>>>

>>> h3[id="sec-1.1"]
>>> {
>>>  background-color:yellow;
>>> }
>
> We could change . to _ , but that would break old links, so I am hesitating.
> But of course if this really violates standards, we can change it.
>
> Sebastian has the last word on these issues.

* Links

  How many links like that will exist?
  Only links from external sites will break.
  I found one section link, but that's "sec-1"  (on de.wikipedia.org)

  Most links to certain sections use those custom IDs I guess.

* org-info.js

  I would then add the underscore to the regexp in org-info.js.
  People who use that will have to upgrade, too.

* Are there more modules involved??

sh$ grep -Fr sec- .
 org-docbook.el:(defcustom org-export-docbook-section-id-prefix "sec-"
 org-exp.el:                    (format "sec-%s" (org-section-number level))))
 org-html.el:                           (setq href (format "sec-%s" snumber))
 org-html.el:   (setq href (cdr (assoc (concat "sec-" snumber)
org-export-preferred-target-alist)))
 org-html.el:   (setq href (or href (concat "sec-" snumber)))
 org-latex.el:            (sec-depth (length org-export-latex-sectioning)))
 org-latex.el:        (if (> hl-levels sec-depth) sec-depth hl-levels))))

Let's do it.

You don't want people to point on orgmode saying "They don't even use
valid CSS-IDs", do you?

And I guess most of us users will just be fine with it.

      Sebastian