Re: [Orgmode] linking to emacs info nodes? Multiline comments?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] linking to emacs info nodes? Multiline comments?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:00:05 -0400

LanX <address@hidden> wrote:

> is there an easy way to insert links to the emacs info manuals?
>
> the following works for commands only
>
> [[elisp:(Info-goto-emacs-command-node "Info-goto-emacs-command-node")][Info
> goto emacs command node]]

Assuming you have done the standard keybindings (C-c l for org-store-link
everywhere
- see section 1.3, "Activation", in the Org manual for more details):

Visit the info node of interest, do C-c l to store the link, then visit an org
file and do C-c C-l to insert the link.

Here is an example of what was inserted, when I tried the above procedure
on the indicated Info node:

[[info:org:Processing%20LaTeX%20fragments][Processing LaTeX fragments]]

> BTW: whats the recommended way to insert multi-line comments in elisp code?
>
> ATM I'm assigning a string to a dummy variable, with the drawback that
> doublequotes are forbidden:
>
> (setq org "
>   yadda yadda
> ")

I don't understand the context (why do you have to define a variable exactly?),
but you can include double quotes in a lisp string by escaping it with a
backslash:

(setq org "
 yadda \"yadda\"
")

see section 2.3.8.1, "Syntax for Strings" in the Elisp manual.

HTH,
Nick