Re: [Orgmode] Exporting to HTML opens resulting file

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Exporting to HTML opens resulting file
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 14:23:02 +0200

On Apr 9, 2010, at 11:49 AM, Gary . wrote:

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
Hi Gary,

maybe we need to settle some terminology first.

No, "we're good" as the Americans say :)

The variable org-export-kill-product-buffer-when-displayed has the following
effect:

Well, as I said, org-export-kill-product-buffer-when-displayed appears
to be unknown here.
"Describe variable: org-export-kill-product-buffer-when-displayed [No match]"

Some export commands do not only produce the export file, but
immediately display it with an appropriate viewer. For example, `C- c C-e b'
should open your browser.

Right. And neither that, not `M-x org-export-as-html-and-open' work
(or at least, they only work the same as the non-browse commands:
output is produced, but no browser is opened). There's no indication
of errors or problems in the *Messages* buffer either:
Debug on Error enabled globally
Exporting... [3 times]
Saving file /home/jg/.Org/work.html...
Wrote /home/jg/.Org/work.html
Exporting... done

Strange.

Only one way to find out, by debugging the function and watch why the file opening does not work Nothing I can do from here without a Backtrace or error message of some sort.

- Carsten