Re: [Orgmode] Exporting to HTML opens resulting file

From: Gary .
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Exporting to HTML opens resulting file
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 16:22:53 +0200

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2010, at 3:34 PM, Xin Shi wrote:
>
>> I had a similar request before but never get solved. I support this
>> request.
>
> (setq org-export-kill-product-buffer-when-displayed t)
>
> will do this when the exported file is shown immediately, so
> the buffer will be removed during `C-c C-e b',

Aha!

Err... what exactly does "browse immediately" mean? I am guessing it
uses the browse-url-browser-function to open the produced page in a
browser? In my case that points to Firefox, and indeed I can `C-c C-o'
on a link in a .org file and it opens nicely. Nothing browser-like
happens if I `C-c C-e b', however...

> but not during `C-c C-e h'
>
> I guess we could have a variable that always removes the buffer.....

*choke*

Well, not for me. I mean, I *do* want to export and then look at the
result, hence I don't want the "product buffer" open as well. I just
wasn't aware of this connection between "browse immediately" and
killing the product buffer. It doesn't seem that
org-export-kill-product-buffer-when-displayed exists in the version I
have, however :-(