Re: [Orgmode] [CONTRIB?] using orgmode to send html mail?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [CONTRIB?] using orgmode to send html mail?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:12:42 -0600

Hi,

I've been using the code currently located at [1] for sending HTML email
[2] for a little while now, and it is working very well.

I wonder if this should be included in the contrib directory of
Org-mode?  Also, since it currently only supports gnus (it should be
very easy to extend to WL and VM, but I don't have access to these other
mailers for testing/verification) maybe it should be sent to the gnus
mailing list instead?

Cheers -- Eric

Footnotes:
[1]  http://github.com/eschulte/org-html-mail

[2] In defense of sending html mail I should mention that I've only been
    using it to send tables and latex images to people who I know don't
    have access to a true fixed-width font email client.  In addition
    the code presents html as one multipart/alternative with the full
    org-mode plain text presented as a text alternative, so those who
    care and who have control over their email clients can opt to view
    the text portion and ignore the html.  In gnus this is possible with

    (setq mm-discouraged-alternatives '("text/html" "text/richtext"))