Re: [Orgmode] using orgmode to send html mail?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] using orgmode to send html mail?
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:53:09 -0600

Hi,

So I believe inline LaTeX images are working in gnus, see here
and immediately below

This turned out to be fairly easy, and didn't require any encoding or
explicit mime function calls.

I've also re-structured the code so that it should be easy to apply the
appropriate mime markup for WL and VM. There are now two mime-library
dependent functions `org-mail-file' and `org-mail-multipart' each of
which contains a `case' block for library-specific behavior, e.g.

(case org-mail-mime-library
  ('mml (format (concat "<#multipart type=alternative><#part type=text/plain>"
                        "%s<#part type=text/html>%s<#/multipart>\n")
                plain html))
  ('semi "?")
  ('vm "?"))
everything is available at http://github.com/eschulte/org-html-mail

I'd love to hear feedback, suggestions, or expansion of the missing WL
and VM portions of the two functions mentioned above.

David Maus <address@hidden> writes:

> Okay, took a look on the specs and attached is a memo on how an
> implementation of org to MIME could be done.  The MIME delimiters of
> SEMI and mml are quite similar so there's already a generic function
> that creates representation of a MIME message for both.
>
> I've published this memo on Worg, too, occupying some space in
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-devel.php

I took a look at this page, but it wasn't entirely clear to me what the
SEMI markup language should look like.  As mentioned above, for now I've
gone with `case' statements for each mime library, rather than an alist
of format strings -- in the off chance that different libraries could
require information in a different order.

> The tasks at hand would be: find the functions that attach a file in
> mime-edit-mode and mml-mode and look who they can be utilized.

I think that the mime markup libraries should handle attaching image
(including any encoding issues).  For example in gnus with mml only the
path to the image need be supplied.

> Best
>  -- David

Cheers -- Eric