Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-mac-protocol, fully updated for 10.6 and with ad

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-mac-protocol, fully updated for 10.6 and with added applications
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:15:16 +0200

Hi Christopher,

On Mar 27, 2010, at 12:35 AM, Christopher Suckling wrote:

A suite of scripts that allow the user to annotate their org-mode
buffers without switching focus from other OS X applications.

The following applications are currently supported:

 + Safari, including linking to multiple tabs
 + Mail
 + Address Book
 + Skim
 + BibDesk
 + Pages
 + Numbers
 + Keynote
 + iTunes
 + Finder
 + Terminal

It's available, along with full documentation here:

http://github.com/claviclaws/org-mac-protocol

The AppleScripts interface with org-protocol.el to extract content from,
and link to, documents and applications.

Four modes of interaction are provided:

=org-link= creates an org-mode link and adds it to =*Org Links*= and the
kill-ring.

=org-link-tabs= creates org-mode links to all tabs in the front Safari
window and adds them to =*Org Links*= and the kill-ring.

=org-remember= pops up a small =*Remember*= frame with links and, where
possible, extracted content embedded.

=org-note= pops up a small =*Remember*= frame for note taking
independent of the document being worked on.

Carsten - I think this org-mac-protocol is now mature enough to be
considered for the contrib directory. If you agree, how would you like
it packaged for inclusion?

this is awesome!

I guess this is a single elisp file?
Then you should just send it to me when ready.  I will add it and
also make an entry for it in org-modules.

And you should put documentation up on Worg

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/index.php

Thanks for this contribution!

- Carsten

P.S. will this include links to address book entries?