Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-mac-protocol, fully updated for 10.6 and with ad

From: Christopher Suckling
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-mac-protocol, fully updated for 10.6 and with added applications
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 00:05:54 +0100

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:28:31 +0200, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> this is awesome!
>>>
>>> I guess this is a single elisp file?
>>> Then you should just send it to me when ready.  I will add it and
>>> also make an entry for it in org-modules.
>>
>> There is a single elisp file, but there are also 6 AppleScripts and
>> one
>> Ruby script (AppleScript doesn't provide character escaping) that glue
>> the whole thing together with other applications.
>
> How would you handle the installation when these scripts are in org/
> contrib/mac-protocol/script or something like this.

(Sorry, accidentally moved thread off-list)

It would need to be a manual install as described in the documentation:

http://github.com/claviclaws/org-mac-protocol/blob/master/org-mac-protocol.org

Problem is that there are so many possible Emacsen with emacsclient
residing in different places, that it would often be necessary for the
user to edit one of the AppleScripts to point to their copy of
emacsclient.

I don't think the default org-mode Makefile installs stuff from the
contrib directory? Or have I missed something regarding the installation
of files in contrib?

Best, Christopher