Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-protocol: non-ASCII characters

From: dmg
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-protocol: non-ASCII characters
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 14:23:54 -0800

> Basically, it is OK to url-encode each character who's binary
> representation start with 1 (i.e., the value of the character is higher
> than 127). The text to be url-encoded should be UTF-8 ideally.
>
> If you use glib::ustring, it's easy to transform any iso-8859 string to
> utf-8. Each character, whos binary representation start with a 1, has to
> be url-encoded as well as the `%' character [1], but you could as
> url-encode the entire utf-8 string.

Ok, I think I understand the problem now. I have updated xournal to encode the
filename from its encoding to uft8. that seems to work. See

http://github.com/dmgerman/xournal

For evince, I think I have found a problem in the parsing of the link.
Evince already encodes
the URL, but it does not encode the '/', hence you will get a link like this:

emacsclient
'org-protocol://remember://docview/tmp/00%C3%A1%C3%A9%C3%AD%C3%B3%C3%BA.pdf::1'

the filename is  /tmp/00áéíóú.pdf

But emacs incorrectly stops parsing the link after tmp/

By the way, xournal now supports store-link

--dmg

--
--dmg

---