[Orgmode] org-protocol: non-ASCII characters

From: D M German
Subject: [Orgmode] org-protocol: non-ASCII characters
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 10:43:25 -0800

 Jan> After learning about org-protocol on worg, I got it working.
 Jan> There seems to be a problem with non-ASCII characters in the file names,
 Jan> though: an "ü" in the file path arrived in emacs as "%0 %))".

I have been looking around and I am not sure how to solve this
problem. Withing Evince and Xournal I am encoding any non alphanum (as
defined by the C macro) each byte that is contained in the filename
individually.

Does anybody know which are the characters above 0 (zero) that need to
be encoded for a safe org link?

--dmg

--
Daniel M. German