Re: [Orgmode] Announcing org-jekyll

From: Juan Reyero
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Announcing org-jekyll
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:56:42 +0100

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 1 February 2010 19:14, Juan Reyero <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not entirely clear on how the org-publish-project-alist relates to
>>> org-jekyll and org-jekyll-export-blog?  What do you need to do to set
>>> this up, other than annotate headlines with :blog: keywords and :on:
>>> properties?
>>
>> You set it up so that the files that contain blog entries belong to an
>> org-publish project, as described for example in
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.php
>>> I've found that calling org-jekyll-export-blog, seems to do nothing...
>>
>> It should, if the file from which you are calling is part of an
>> org-publish project, and there are entries with the :blog: tag and the
>> :on: property.
>
> Ok, it turns out that there were several problems I had...  After some
> time in the emacs debugger, it turned out that the default values for
> org-jekyll-category and org-jekyll-localize-dir are non-nil... which
> was causing the _posts/ directory to be set to a directory that
> doesn't exist.  Overriding these to nil fixed the first problem.

Souds like the most sensible default, just changed in the repository.
It should only fail if you happened to have a :lang: property in your
entries, though.

> The second problem was that my tags and property keys are all in
> uppercase, yet org-jekyll only works for lower-case keys.

Changed that too.  Now it accepts both lower- and upper-case :BLOG: and :ON:.

> Also it would be nice for org-jekyll-export-blog to fail with an
> error, rather than just dying silently.  Alternatively even better
> might be for it to construct the _post and category directories it
> needs if they don't already exist....

Changed to create the directories if they don't exist.  Now the
biggest thing still on my list is taking care of accented characters
in entry names.  Looks like some browsers don't like them in urls.

Best,

Juan
--
http://juanreyero.com/