Re: [Orgmode] Announcing org-jekyll

From: Juan Reyero
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Announcing org-jekyll
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 20:14:42 +0100

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 29 January 2010 23:16, Juan Reyero <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Full description: http://juanreyero.com/open/org-jekyll/
>> Source code: http://github.com/juanre/org-jekyll
>
> I'm not entirely clear on how the org-publish-project-alist relates to
> org-jekyll and org-jekyll-export-blog?  What do you need to do to set
> this up, other than annotate headlines with :blog: keywords and :on:
> properties?

You set it up so that the files that contain blog entries belong to an
org-publish project, as described for example in
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.php

The idea is that you might want to combine a blog with a bunch of
org-published files, as I do in http://juanreyero.com and
http://greaterskies.com, and you shouldn't have to spend too much time
separating the two things.  So it boils down to defining your
org-publish-project-alist.  Then you open a file that belongs to the
project and do org-jekyll-export-blog or
org-jekyll-export-current-entry, depending on what you need.

> I've found that calling org-jekyll-export-blog, seems to do nothing...

It should, if the file from which you are calling is part of an
org-publish project, and there are entries with the :blog: tag and the
:on: property.

>  Also I've seen it complain about org-publish-initialize-files-alist
> not being defined, unless I've first run an org-publish.

It should be able to populate the org-publish files itself; it
certainly works for me without doing org-publish.  If nothing works
for you please send me a minimal setup that reproduces your problem
and I'll try to figure it out.

Best regards, and thanks for the positive feedback,

Juan
---
http://juanreyero.com/
http://unarueda.com