Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with di

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digital (org-mode) world ?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:11:49 +0900

> I have a similar experience to you.   I run org-mode on my office
> computer and home computer and synchronise the files via USB drive
> and Python backup script.

If you have access to a sever... try to use git. There is a emacs mode and by
opening your org-file on either the home or work-pc you could directly ask to
sync it with your server. By this way syncing becomes a single key-stroke
In addition you have access to all changes over time. If you mess up you can
restore it and if you miss to sync both systems git is very helpful to merge
both versions into a single version again.

> I bought an A5 sized (5.5 x 8/5 inches / 14 x 21cm)
> student diary - one week to an opening with the 7 days on the
> left and a page for notes on the right. I use this for note taking
> and writing in very important dates, but I still refer to the
> org-mode file as the master reference.  This diary cost $3.50 ...
> quite a bargain.

For the same reason I bought the moleskine. A bit more expensive but I thought
it has to hold the harsh environments in my pocket for one year and I noticed
that mid of January shops like to get rid of calendars urgently and greatly
discount them ;)

> My other idea capture and note taking tool are 3 x 5 inch
> system cards. I cut up scrap paper into this size and keep several
> handy in my shirt pocket and a pencil. I can jot down notes any time
> and transfer what is important when I am back at the computer.

I tried this but always messed up with lost cards, messed up cards, etc. Thus
I was looking for a more "stable" version.

> Printing a weekly agenda from org-mode is a handy motivational
> tool. I make it a game/challenge to cross everything off the list.
> The act of crossing something off a printed list is more rewarding
> and motivational than  C-c C-t d  (DONE) in org-mode :-)

That is definitely right. Maybe someone should try to implement a more
attractive C-c C-t d in org-mode.

Thanks for the ideas

Torsten