Re: [Orgmode] How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digita

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digital (org-mode) world ?
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 20:46:49 +0530

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Torsten Wagner wrote:
[...]
> Thus, today I bought one of these moleskine paper organizers
> (no advertisement, all other organizers would be nice as
> well). I hope to have it always with me and to use it in all
> this cases where I do not have access to org-mode ( I'm still
> waiting that someone comes up with a org-mode-brain interface).
>
> My question is now. What would be the best way to combine the
> moleskine and org-mode ? Does someone have experience with a
> paper based and digital mixture system? One of my ideas was to
> print out the weekly or monthly agenda as small as possible and
> just attach it to the molenskine (it has a little card holder
> at the back). This would allow me to check what is in my
> org-mode agenda. However, I would still have two independent
> systems.
>
> What I'am looking for is a smart way to keep both in sync and
> that without big hassle. It has to be something which does the
> job quite quick thus I will do it directly e.g., every morning
> before starting work... instead of pushing and pushing it away
> from me. Thought maybe I simply mark the entries in the paper
> version whether I added them to org-mode already or not and
> create a tag in org-mode for the vice versa reason.
>
> Any ideas and experience would be welcome.

I am also beginning with something similar.  My plan is to print the
day's agenda every morning (or previous night) and may be fold it
like pocketmod [1] using Christian Egli's org2pocketMod [2].  Then
the digital system can be updated at the end of the day.

1. http://www.pocketmod.com/
2. http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg04044.html

Regards
--