Re: [Orgmode] TODO dependencies and file-level keywords

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] TODO dependencies and file-level keywords
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 06:30:16 +0100

On Jan 12, 2010, at 1:33 AM, Chris Randle wrote:

Hi Carsten et al.

Carsten Dominik wrote:
Same here, you need to set this variable *before* org.el gets loaded - I am
suspecting that you are setting it after?
This is kind of tricky. Variable settings should therefore *before* any require statements, and also the
    (load-file "~/.emacs.d/custom.el")
or similar statement must be *before* all the `require' statements.
I am curious if, after you fix this, blocking will still not work.
Please let us know.

Thank you Carsten, and others who chipped in with help. That was my mistake. The org-enforce-todo-dependencies was set in my .emacs file within a custom-set-variables block which came after some Org require statements. Moving it before the require statements has fixed my problem.

I had read the help for the variable, but thought that it simply meant that any changes to the variable wouldn't take effect until after restarting the org-mode session. It hadn't occurred to me about the order of statements in my .emacs file.

Thats right, this is not explained clearly enough.
I should try to get rid of thee dependencies.

- Carsten

Thanks again.

--
Chris Randle