Re: [Orgmode] TODO dependencies and file-level keywords

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] TODO dependencies and file-level keywords
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:54:42 +0100

On Jan 11, 2010, at 5:01 PM, Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:

David Maus <address@hidden> writes:

At Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:08:08 +0100,
Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:
Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> writes:
Hi Chris, I am not able to reproduce this.
I can reproduce it with the latest version:
Org-mode version 6.34 (trans 2010-01-12 15:00 CET)
GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2009-07-30 on SOFT- MJASON
Windows XP Pro SP3
You have to set the variable org-enforce-todo-dependencies to t.

ok David,  thanks,

+ Setting the variable with :
 (setq org-enforce-todo-dependencies t) C-x C-e
 does not have effect:

That is expected, see the docstring of that variable.

I can change line a
+ setting the variable in my .emacs and reloading emacs
 (closed and re-run)
 does not have effect: I can still change line a

Same here, you need to set this variable *before* org.el gets loaded - I am
suspecting that you are setting it after?

This is kind of tricky. Variable settings should therefore *before* any require statements, and also the

     (load-file "~/.emacs.d/custom.el")

or similar statement must be *before* all the `require' statements.

I am curious if, after you fix this, blocking will still not work.
Please let us know.

- Carsten