[Orgmode] Re: Feature request: org-export-format-source-code-or-example

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: org-export-format-source-code-or-example and srcname
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:17:19 +0100

Hi Carsten and Nicolas,

(BTW, Nicolas, excellent modifications made to the agenda look & feel!)

Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> when using the listings LaTeX package, it would be very useful if the
>> value of srcname was added to the output. For instance,
>>
>> #+srcname: my_code_chunk
>> #+begin_src latex :results latex :exports code :tangle no
>> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
>> #+end_src
>>
>> would give:
>>
>> \lstset{language=TeX}[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]
>> \begin{lstlisting}
>> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
>> \end{lstlisting}
>>
>> (note the added "[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]")
>
> Is there anyone besides Nicolas what would like to see the source name in
> the exported listing?

Yes! This is not only desired, but -- for me -- completely required: without
it, you simply can't do real literate programming documentation...

An example of how it would be nice to be (using NoWeb):

    http://www.mygooglest.com/sva/ecm-noweb.pdf

See my (unanswered) thread of 2009-12-04 at 12:13: "[babel] Org-babel vs NoWeb
(and the like)".

> Is that something that should be done in org-babel, or in the normal export
> stuff?

I would answer Org-babel, but if there is one thing I'm sure of, is that I
don't understand all the implications of my answer. So, take it with low
consideration.

Best regards,
  Seb

--