[Orgmode] Re: [babel] Tiny "problems"

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Tiny "problems"
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:05:32 +0100

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> "Eric Schulte" wrote:
>>> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>>>>

>>> Maybe the above two issues could be fixed by setting the
>>> `org-src-preserve-indentation' variable's value to t. Since I only need
>>> this in some org-mode buffers I set it as a buffer local variable by
>>> placing a line like the following at the top of these buffers.
>>>
>>> # -*- org-src-preserve-indentation: t -*-
>>>
>>> again this should/will be in the documentation somewhere...
>>
>> That's not it (already tried before posting). That variable, when set,
>> makes Org removes the minimum common number of whitespaces.
>>
>> That does not fix the problem of useless whitespaces in blank lines, and
>> has no impact on the indentation of tangled blocks:
>
> I misunderstood your indentation issue earlier. Currently I don't think we
> support indentation to the level of the noweb reference in the original
> source-code block. At first glance that does however seem to be a better
> default behavior. I'll look into this. As a work-around you may want to try
> the attached version of your file
>
> [...]
>
> which results in this following sql file
>
> [...]

It indeed could be some sort of workaround. Though, the first line remains
badly placed according to all the other lines of the source block...

So, the only solution would be to indent the inserted block by the number of
spaces in front of the `<<<code here>>>' sequence. Will be interested having
that fixed, even if that's (only) medium priority.

Best regards,
  Seb

PS- Did you take a look at the comparison I made between Org and Nuweb (with
    the results in PDF)?

--
Sébastien Vauban