Re: [Orgmode] How to get visual-line-mode keep indentation on extra line

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to get visual-line-mode keep indentation on extra lines?
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:55:36 +0100

Hi Jan,

this is much work to get this fixed - just get used to it is my proposal.

- Carsten

On Nov 24, 2009, at 12:20 AM, jan wrote:

Laurent Bedubourg <lbedubourg <at> gmail.com> writes:

Hello,

First of all thank you very much for org-mode, it made me switch from
vim to emacs and I really enjoy the trip :)

There is this little thing which bother me and I am not sure if it's
related to this thread or not:
Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-indent-mode and visual-line-mode
http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode <at> gnu.org/
msg19713.html

Here my little problem:

When visual-line-mode is active and you resize your window (ubuntu
karmic, official emacs 23 package) you often see something like this:

* My list
 * Some thing this is longer
back to line which is really
anoying
 * Other thing which is
truncated
   * Sub items with blah
to line

I would like to keep the indentation on these extra lines and get
something like that:

* My list
 * Some thing this is longer
   back to line which is
   really anoying
 * Other thing which is
   truncated
   * Sub items with blah
     to line

Which I find more readable (no offence if someone prefers the former
form, may be it's a question of taste :).

Is there some way to achieve this with my current packages?
Will installing org-mode using GIT sources provide the feature through
org-indent-mode?

Thank you for your help!

PS: I also posted this question on stackoverflow in case the answer
came up quickly
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1771981/how-to-keep-indentation
-with-emacs-org-mode-
visual-line-mode

Dear all,

i have a similar Problem with checkboxes.

* TODO fix checkboxes in visual line mode
      - [-] thanks for org-mode [1/3]
        - [ ] i love lists
        - [X] an checkboxes
        - [ ] for example the next line begins
          to far to the left in emacs 23.1 with
          org-mode 6.33f
        - [X] The next line should start
              here.

Thanks for all the good work! i use org-mode at work on an "PC" to organize,
document and sort my projects.