[Orgmode] How to get visual-line-mode keep indentation on extra lines?

From: jan
Subject: [Orgmode] How to get visual-line-mode keep indentation on extra lines?
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:20:23 +0000 (UTC)

Laurent Bedubourg <lbedubourg <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> First of all thank you very much for org-mode, it made me switch from
> vim to emacs and I really enjoy the trip :)
>
> There is this little thing which bother me and I am not sure if it's
> related to this thread or not:
> Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-indent-mode and visual-line-mode
> http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode <at> gnu.org/
>msg19713.html
>
> Here my little problem:
>
> When visual-line-mode is active and you resize your window (ubuntu
> karmic, official emacs 23 package) you often see something like this:
>
> * My list
>   * Some thing this is longer
> back to line which is really
> anoying
>   * Other thing which is
> truncated
>     * Sub items with blah
> to line
>
> I would like to keep the indentation on these extra lines and get
> something like that:
>
> * My list
>   * Some thing this is longer
>     back to line which is
>     really anoying
>   * Other thing which is
>     truncated
>     * Sub items with blah
>       to line
>
> Which I find more readable (no offence if someone prefers the former
> form, may be it's a question of taste :).
>
> Is there some way to achieve this with my current packages?
> Will installing org-mode using GIT sources provide the feature through
> org-indent-mode?
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> PS: I also posted this question on stackoverflow in case the answer
> came up quickly
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1771981/how-to-keep-indentation
-with-emacs-org-mode-
visual-line-mode

Dear all,

i have a similar Problem with checkboxes.

 * TODO fix checkboxes in visual line mode
       - [-] thanks for org-mode [1/3]
         - [ ] i love lists
         - [X] an checkboxes
         - [ ] for example the next line begins
           to far to the left in emacs 23.1 with
           org-mode 6.33f
         - [X] The next line should start
               here.

Thanks for all the good work! i use org-mode at work on an "PC" to organize,
document and sort my projects.