Re: [Orgmode] What is output for org-babel?

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] What is output for org-babel?
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 14:48:31 -0500

"Martin G. Skjæveland" <address@hidden> writes:

> andrea Crotti wrote:
>> I'm with org-mode 6.31a, I was trying to
>> get output in the exported files but I never see the output.
>
> Hi,
>
> not sure if this is related -- or helpful, but here goes!
>
> When I export the following file:
>
> ----------------start---------------
> * lowercase
> #+begin_src python :exports results
> 2+2
> #+end_src
>
> * uppercase
> #+BEGIN_SRC python :exports results
> 2+2
> #+end_src
> ----------------end---------------
>
> the results are (copied from pdf):
>
> ----------------start---------------
> 1   lowercase
>  4
>
> 2   uppercase
> 2+2
> ----------------end---------------
>
> Writing "begin_src" in lowercase or uppercase makes a difference. I am
> not sure if this is a feature or a bug.

Bug. However I'm not sure whether it is in org-mode or org-babel. In
general in org-mode, begin_src and BEGIN_SRC are equivalent (true for
all #+XXX directives I think). However, in this case the org-exp-blocks
client (org-babel) associates 'src' with its own block exporter, but it
says nothing about 'SRC'. So the solution could either be:

(a) Bug in the org-exp-blocks client (org-babel). The client should
explicitly hook up 'SRC' to its block pre-processor.

(b) Bug in org-mode. Org-exp-blocks should call the block pre-processor
for 'src' when it finds 'SRC' (and equivalently, if a client registers
'SRC', then 'src' should trigger it.)

I'm leaning towards (b), seeing as we already have the case
insensitivity in org-mode.

Dan