Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Uses for :session buffers

From: Stephan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Uses for :session buffers
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 21:44:03 +0100

Thomas S. Dye wrote:
Aloha all,

I'm trying to comprehend the possibilities created by org-babel, and would like to draw on the experience of others if I could.

I recently discovered the buffer created by :session. In my case, this is an R session that I am building to track the data collection phase of a research project. I was delighted to find that it appears to have recorded everything my org file had done in that session. I have a vague idea that it might be useful to save this as a log to prove that all the little source blocks in my org file indeed were called and executed successfully. I'm wondering: do other org-babelers use the :session buffer? How? For what purpose?

Another advantage: you can set a variable in one source block
and access it in the next one.

Greetings,
        Stephan

Any tips or advice will be appreciated.