[Orgmode] [babel] Uses for :session buffers

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [Orgmode] [babel] Uses for :session buffers
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 09:24:19 -1000

Aloha all,

I'm trying to comprehend the possibilities created by org-babel, and would like to draw on the experience of others if I could.

I recently discovered the buffer created by :session.  In my case, this is an R session that I am building to track the data collection phase of a research project.  I was delighted to find that it appears to have recorded everything my org file had done in that session.  I have a vague idea that it might be useful to save this as a log to prove that all the little source blocks in my org file indeed were called and executed successfully.

I'm wondering: do other org-babelers use the :session buffer?  How?  For what purpose?

Any tips or advice will be appreciated.

All the best,
Tom

Thomas S. Dye, Ph.D.

T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc.

Phone: (808) 529-0866 Fax: (808) 529-0884

http://www.tsdye.com