Re: [orgmode] Solutions of blogging tools for org-mode

From: Juan Reyero
Subject: Re: [orgmode] Solutions of blogging tools for org-mode
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:40:48 +0200

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:23 PM, David Bremner <address@hidden> wrote:
> Juan Reyero wrote:
>
>> I am looking for in a blogging engine is a
>>way to mark entries as belonging to the blog, and generation of an RSS
>>feed that includes them; all other things, including publishing and
>>HTML export, are already covered by standard org-mode facilities, and
>>services like disqus for the comments.
>
> Please check the recent archives of the list for a longer discussion;
> some of us use ikiwiki with a contributed org-mode plugin by Manoj
> Srivastava.

Ikiwiki and Manoj Srivastava's plugin do look great, but it's a pity
not to take advantage of org-mode's facilities for exporting and
publishing... which I've already set up and adapted to the design of
my webs.  My question was more on the lines of whether there's active
development of the org-mode blog modules, and if there's people using
them.  I am considering building a very minimalistic blog engine (tag
the entries you want as part of the blog, and it builds an RSS feed
for them; you figure out everything else within org-mode's publishing
functionality).  But I'd hate to do something that's already there.

jm