[Orgmode] Buffer-wide definitions in org-babel

From: Juan Reyero
Subject: [Orgmode] Buffer-wide definitions in org-babel
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 16:20:04 +0200

Greetings,

I am trying to define buffer-wide initializations in org-babel, so that I can import a python module once and then use its exported symbols in all the code chunks throughout the buffer.  Is there a way to do it?  I have tried all the obvious approaches and none seems to work.  (My hope was that I could define a :session and then use it in every chunk, but python doesn't like it).

I just found out about org-babel, and I am delighted by its promise.  Org-mode has changed the way I work (after a year and a half I could not live without it) but now I think this is going to be another bit step.

Many thanks,

jm
--
http://juanreyero.com/blog