Re: [Orgmode] Problem with LaTeX snippets preview

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problem with LaTeX snippets preview
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 08:30:28 +0100

On Sep 25, 2009, at 4:52 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

Darlan Cavalcante Moreira <address@hidden> wrote:

How could I miss that?

I used the command customize-variable and I was trying to auto- complete with TAB something similar to "org-preview" or "org--preview". Now I see that the
options are in the group Org Latex.

May I suggest that these two variables are mentioned in the documentation of the
org-preview-latex-fragment function?

This is the second time in the last couple of weeks that somebody looked
for this and did not find it. Nicolas Goaziou had a very similar
reaction (see http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/17544 for
more). So it seems that the option is indeed well hidden :-) I'd second the motion to add a mention of org-format-latex-options in the function
doc and perhaps add a more extended mention in section 11.4 of the
manual ("Processing LaTeX fragments") as well. Here is some suggested
text:

,----
| `C-c C-c'
|      Remove the overlay preview images.
|
|    You can customize the variable `org-format-latex-options' to
| influence some aspects of the preview. In particular, the :scale (and
| for HTML export, :html-scale) property can be used to adjust the
| size of the preview images.
|
|    During HTML export (*note HTML export::), all LaTeX fragments are
`----

Thanks,
Nick

OK, I did that.