[Orgmode] Re: linking to region

From: Maurizio Vitale
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: linking to region
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:39:13 -0400

    >> Is it possible to grab a link to a region in a file in such a way
    >> that C-c C-o visit the file after narrowing-to-region?
    >>
    >> The reason I'd like this is that I'm starting using org-mode for
    >> requirement tracking and when referencing a standard I'd find
    >> preferable to open only the relevant fragment rather than the
    >> complete document.

    Bernt> I don't think that's currently possible without writing a
    Bernt> little lisp code.  There is an org-follow-link-hook but it
    Bernt> doesn't seem to be executed for all link types - only browser
    Bernt> urls if I'm reading the code correctly.

But the region should be encoded in the link, as there no way to figure
out what is the extent of the interesting area automatically.

Regarding org-follow-link-hook, I'm not familiar with org-mode code, but
it seems to me that is invoked for all URL types, but only after the
'viewing' has happened. I may well be wrong.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Regards,

         Maurizio