Re: [Orgmode] Setting timestamp format to English

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Setting timestamp format to English
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 10:03:05 +0000 (GMT)

--- Dom 30/8/09, bar tomas <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Hi, Bar,

> I have a french version of windows so when I set a
> timestamp on an item with C-c >, I get the timestamp in
> french.

I've the italian version of windows XP, I get the
timestamp in italian ;-)

> I'd like to get it in english.

As a workaround, for org files, you can change
the *format* of the date having the
*appearance* of the English date.

Please have a look at the variable
org-time-stamp-custom-formats

C-h v org-time-stamp-custom-formats

In a file I have:

#Local Variables:
#org-time-stamp-custom-formats : ("<%d/%m/%Y>" . "<%d/%m/%Y %a %H:%M>")
#End:

[2009-09-02 mer] becomes  [02/09/2009]

Nice, but  you can only change the date day by day and the format
will *not* be exported.

Or [beware, untested!] you could change
the format-time string variable in your .emacs.

cheers,
Giovanni