[Orgmode] org-agenda-file-to-front (unbalanced parentheses))))

From: Jai Jeffryes
Subject: [Orgmode] org-agenda-file-to-front (unbalanced parentheses))))
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 19:11:49 -0400

I get a scan error when I try to add my current ORG file to the list of agenda files.

I'm using Emacs 23.1.1 on Windows, so it has the Org mode built in.

I create a new .ORG file, add some text, and save it.

Then I type C-c [

and I get this error.

Scan error: "Unbalanced parentheses", 17495, 29440

Any ideas?

The same thing happens if I use the menu:

Org --> File list for agenda --> Add/Move current file to front of list

Or the full command: org-agenda-file-to-front

I tried running the debugger, but that part of Emacs I've never learned. I haven't done my own Lisp programming. I'd provide some more info if someone wanted to prompt me on the next thing to try!

Jai Jeffryes
NYC