Re: [Orgmode] Re: Latex export to documentclass beamer

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Latex export to documentclass beamer
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:19:38 -0400

Robert Goldman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here's another challenge --- is there a good way to handle this in the
> exporter?
>
> If you use VERBATIM in a beamer frame, then you need to add the optional
> argument "fragile" to the environment, like this:
>
> \begin{frame}[fragile]
>
> instead of just
>
> \begin{frame}
>
> I'd be surprised if there was a good method for this, but thought I'd ask...

Have you tried adding it unconditionally in the org-export-latex-classes
alist?  I don't think it hurts to have it on by default (it costs a bit
of performance maybe, but it should not be noticeable.) OTOH, verbatim
is a can of worms: it should be avoided if at all possible. It cannot be
used in moving arguments (at all: see

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=verbwithin

for details.) - and what beamer does with it is a mystery to me - hence
the "avoid at all costs" statement.

HTH,
Nick