Re: [Orgmode] Re: Latex export to documentclass beamer

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Latex export to documentclass beamer
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:46:49 +0200

On Aug 9, 2009, at 5:45 PM, RC wrote:

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

On Aug 9, 2009, at 3:05 PM, RC wrote:

Hi,
Following an earlier suggestion on the list:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/15010/focus=15077

I added the following to my .emacs file:

(add-to-list 'org-export-latex-classes

For this line to be working, the variable must have been defined.
Either precede the code with
 (require 'org-latex)
or wrap it into
(eval-after-load "org-latex" '(add-to-list....))
- Carsten

Thanks! That worked.

I had a a couple more questions about using latex-export.

1.
* Slide 5
\uncover<2->
{appear from slide 2 on\\ }
\uncover<3-4>
{appears from 3 to slide 4\\ }
\uncover<4>{appears on slide 4\\ }
\uncover<3->{appears from slide 3 on\\ }

You can warp this code in #+begin_latex ... #+end_latex

gets output as:

\begin{frame}\frametitle{Slide 5}
\label{sec-5}
\uncover<2->
\{appear from slide 2 on\\ \}
\uncover<3-4>
\{appears from 3 to slide 4\\ \}
\uncover<4>\{appears on slide 4\\ \}
\uncover<3->\{appears from slide 3 on\\ \}
\end{frame}

Is there a way to avoid { and } being output as \{ and \} , respectively.

2. Is there a way to add an attribute to latex lists (itemize, enumerate,
description} so that:

* Slide 1
- x
- y