Re: [Orgmode] Fast way to jump to another specific heading?

From: Andrew Stribblehill
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Fast way to jump to another specific heading?
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 00:22:56 +0100

Have you tried the org-refile interface? C-u C-c C-w lets you jump to
a heading using the same interface you get when refiling, so you can
customise it easily.

My org-refile config is:

(setq org-refile-targets '((org-agenda-files :maxlevel . 2))
      org-refile-use-outline-path 'file
      org-refile-target-verify-function
      (lambda ()
        (not (member "ARCHIVE" (org-get-tags)))))

This lets me go to whichever file I choose out of the list of agenda
files then up to two deep into the hierarchy, filtering out archived
sections. If you're sticking to one file, perhaps see if (setq
org-refile-use-outline-path t) is to your taste.