Re: [Orgmode] overzealous file link creation

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] overzealous file link creation
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:30:12 +0200

On Aug 11, 2009, at 10:29 PM, Dan Davison wrote:

Recently I've been randomly losing the string 'file' from all sorts of
documents. Up until now I had no explanation. It's not the sort of
question one wants to ask on public mailing lists.

OK, so if you call org-cycle "in the vicinity" of a word that starts
with the string 'file', then it eats up 'file' and prompts for link
insertion. This is true in buffers that are not in org-mode or
orgstruct*-mode. (I call org-cycle the whole time in order to use
outline-minor-mode, but o-m-m doesn't have to be turned on to cause
this.)

Try putting the following fragment into python-mode, and getting rid of the asterisks. Then org-cycle issued with point at any of the asterisked
locations eats the string 'file' and prompts for a link.

def f(filepath):
   print(
       *filepath*)*
*
*def g(arg):
   return arg

This is with latest git.

Hi Dan,

could you please check the following variables:

org-tab-first-hook
org-tab-after-check-for-table-hook
org-tab-after-check-for-cycling-hook

Probably one of these contains a function that will do file link completion.

- Carsten