[Orgmode] Re: Day workflow: need your opinion

From: Leo
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Day workflow: need your opinion
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 10:46:40 +0100

On 2009-08-04 06:57 +0100, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> a) I doing some non urgent (planned) DBA tasks (call this project A)
> b) someone calls me (interrupting Project A)
> c) I am doing what urgency of b) is needed
> d) when c) is finished, I get back to project A
>
> At my job, they often rules the "retro planning" concept which is
> bloat. So how would you "manage" such situation in org-mode ?

Let me give it a try.

When I am at Task A but interupted for Task B, I will mark Task A with
one of the todo-keywords (you can create one specific for interruption
for example PAUSE).

Then you need to review what is on your plate by C-c a t to decide your
next action after Task B.

--
Emacs uptime: 8 days, 14 hours, 0 minutes, 20 seconds