[Orgmode] Re: Day workflow: need your opinion

From: Benjamin Andresen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Day workflow: need your opinion
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 13:14:24 +0200

Hey Xavier,

Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> Ex:
>
> a) I doing some non urgent (planned) DBA tasks (call this project A)
> b) someone calls me (interrupting Project A)
> c) I am doing what urgency of b) is needed
> d) when c) is finished, I get back to project A
>
> At my job, they often rules the "retro planning" concept which is
> bloat. So how would you "manage" such situation in org-mode ?

I'm clocked in with the task I'm currently doing. If this is interrupted
I will clock in the new task that has been appointed to me without
clocking out the old task. (You might have to create the interrupting
task before clocking it in.)

After I'm done with the interrupting task, I'll do C-u C-C C-x C-i and
press "i" which I believe stands for "continue the previous interrupting
task".

(I have this bound to F-keys because I clock stuff all the time.)

> Thank you,
>
> Xavier

Hope that helps,
benny