[Orgmode] [22] [newbie] install remember?

From: Tom Roche
Subject: [Orgmode] [22] [newbie] install remember?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 02:23:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hopefully this question isn't too stupid, but I'm up past my bedtime
and I've been looking at a lotta docs and not finding an answer to

* specific question: if I'm running a (GNU) emacs 22 (like the current
  stock ubuntu

http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/emacs

  ), do I need to install remember.el separately? (I'm thinking
  "yes.") If so,

** which version? (I'm thinking "2.0")

** where should I have read which remember I need to install?
   (presuming I do)

* general question: is there an "elisp which"? E.g. code that will

** (useful) given the name of an elisp package (e.g. "remember"),
   return a boolean: 't if that package has been loaded, 'nil if not.
   OTTOMH all I got--which doesn't give version, and is way lame--is
   to C-h a <some part of the package name/>: if that returns nothing
   ... no such interactive commands are defined. Lame, but better than
   nothing.

** (better) code that will map the name of an elisp package into the
   location of its "main" file? or all files in the package?

  Just asking because, if I knew that, I probably wouldn't need to be
  asking the specific question: I could see if a remember*.el had
  already been loaded by my init.el without my setting anything up.

TIA, Tom Roche <address@hidden>