Re: [Orgmode] [misc-new-features 3/5] Add an option to sort tags automat

From: James TD Smith
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [misc-new-features 3/5] Add an option to sort tags automatically.
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:01:17 +0100

Hi Bastien,

On 2009-07-14 13:59:11(+0200), Bastien wrote:
> Thanks James.
>
> Can people try this and give some feedback if they find it useful?

Sure. I wrote it because I thought having tags in alphabetical order would look
better, but I think it also makes the tags easier to read. For example if you
have many entries with similar tags it's much easier to compare the tag lists
when they are ordered.

I'm thinking about writing a sort function which would sort by tag group as well
as the tag name. I have tag groups for things like location, activity type,
people I need to work with etc and putting those in a consistent order would
make it easier to pick out the relevant information quickly.

James

--
|-<James TD Smith>-<email/address@hidden>-|