Re: [Orgmode] In response to: .emacs works on Mac but not on Ubuntu

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] In response to: .emacs works on Mac but not on Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:24:21 +0100

I will try a few more commentin outs and retyping things, but I still
find it strange that it wa working fine in Ubuntu 8.01 and not now.,
but I then find Linux a bit like that.

Should anyone have any othe suggestions, I would still appreciate them.

Many thanks,

I am using Ubuntu Jaunty with a setup almost identical to yours and mine "Just works". Are you certain that:

(setq load-path (cons "~/EmacsAddins/OrgMode/lisp" load-path))
(setq load-path (cons "~/EmacsAddins/OrgMode/contrib/lisp" load-path))

Points to the correct version of org? Some things to try:

Remove the compiled lisp files (*.elc).

Edit org-install.el and type in some garbage. If emacs is trying to load this library it should blow up with an error.

My default ubuntu emacs22 doesn't have any org packages loaded by default. Try doing an apt-cache purge org-mode, which should completely remove the Ubuntu version if it's installed.

Ian.